Tuesday 1 January 2013

Sketch no.13

Hello Everyone

Firstly, a BIG welcome to 2013! We here at Scrap Africa wish you and your families everything of the best for 2013 and hope that you will be abundantly blessed in all things!


With the New Year just a few hours old, we have a new sketch challenge for you and hope that you can join in the fun and play along with us.

Here is the sketch for inspiration.



We have a super Special Guest Designer this month! This lady is the local, wonderfully talented Adri du Preez! Adri is well known in the local scrap booking industry and her layouts are often featured on the covers of our local magazines!

[P1080019.JPG]

Here is a little bit about Adri.

I’ve been scrapping for about eight years.  Before that I used my creativity in different ways.  There’s nothing like starting the day with a photo, some gorgeous paper, knowing that I don’t have to do anything but create.  I am constantly amazed and inspired by the creativity shown by my fellow scrappers.  And of course I am also inspired by my wonderful family. I really enjoy the freedom that scrap booking allows.  There are no rules and boundaries as to what I create. It is hard to describe my style as I feel it’s always evolving.  I love simple layouts but also love collage layouts with lots to look at. It’s fun to try new techniques and I love to paint, tear, sew, stamp, sand-distress and ink my pages.
My favorite products…everything and anything…from paper to paint and fabric.
I am lucky to have my very own scrapbook room, big enough to house the enormous amount of supplies I have purchased over the years.
Apart from Scrap booking my other passions are painting, photography, reading and the outdoors…I see scrap booking in everything…  

Please visit my blog: http://me-being-creative.blogspot.com/
if you would like to see more of my work or follow me on Facebook.


Adri created this gorgeous page for our sketch challenge.
This is just absolutely stunning in every way!



We also have a wonderfully talented Guest Designer this month, Sandie Edwards.
This is what Sandie had to share with us.

My name is Sandie, and I live in Geraldton, Western Australia with my partner John. We are older parents to a beautiful son, Jesse who turns 3 in March, 2013. I am currently a stay-at-home-Mum with previous employment being law enforcement. Creativity has been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember, and runs in the gene's with my Mother being an Artist. My love of paper-crafting took place two years ago, and it has been a journey of enlightenment, that has continually evolved, with many new learning paths. I enjoy pushing boundaries in my creativity, and attempt to step out of my comfort zone here and there, with my creative style leaning towards 'vintage', but not always. I aim to be an inspiration to others, and of course create everlasting memories for future generations. 

You are welcome to visit Sandie's blog - Delightfully Crazy - for some more wonderful eye candy.
http://delightfullycrazytoo.blogspot.com.au/

Sandie created this little beauty for the challenge.
Isn't this just the most precious little page?!



Thanks so much to Adri and Sandie for your wonderful projects!



Our in-house Design Team has also been fervently creating, and these are their wonderful layouts, in alphabetical order.



It was so easy to change this sketch into a double layout 
and it left lots of space for a large title ;-)




Lynette - Santa Oupa
When I made this layout I was inspired by Denise van Deventer's "pearls on strings".  I also want to credit Daniela Dobson, the snowflake Silhouette studio cut file is her creation.



Thanks to the Design Team for some gorgeous inspiration! 

The random prize up for grabs with this challenge is FabScraps

FabScraps


Please visit their blog if you would like to see their full range of goodies.


You have until the 14th January to submit your entries.
Please add your projects by using the link below.

Be happy, be creative, be resolute!




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful work girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Adri and Sandie!! Loving what everyone created!!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. спасибо за интересный скетч и столько вдохновения в работах дизайнеров!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...