Thursday 16 February 2012

Sketch # 2

Hello everyone! We hope that you remember that it is time again for out next sketch challenge. Are you waiting for some new inspiration? Then here it is! 
**********

Sponsor of the following 2 challenges (sketch # 2 and challenge # 2) at Scrap Africa is Fabscraps

Fabscraps is the largest manufacturer of scrapbooking materials in Africa. The company produces very wide variety of wonderful supplies for any kind of projects and styles.
*********


Our sketch


Today we have two very special ladies visiting us on Scrap Africa.
Please give very special and warm welcome to Helen Tilbury!


"Hi Everyone!  I am so happy that I was asked to guest design here at Scrap Africa this month!
I have been scrapbooking for the last 8 years, thanks to my daughter, who was invited by her friend to 
a scrapbooking workshop!! If it wasn’t for that, who knows how much longer it would have taken me to discover scrapbooking, but boy I am so glad I did as I eat, drink and breathe scrapbooking!!!
I am a Durban-based scrapbooker, having lived here for the last 6 years, after escaping Zimbabwe, where 
I was born and raised.
I have my own blog Scrap Addict where I share my love of scrapbooking and photography. I have been lucky enough to have been published in Creating Keepsakes magazine and Scrap Street Ezine as well as in a sketch book, “Working with Sketches” available online from Creative Scrappers.
I design for several international challenge blogs, as Once Upon a Sketch,  Bird is the Word and Sketchabilities. I work with products sent to me by Imaginarium Designs (an Australian chipboard company). I also work for “Scrapbook Kits with a Difference” – An Adelaide-based online scrapbook Page kit club,
designing layouts and cards for them each month and last but not least for a great little kit club in America called 3 Scrappy Boys, that sends me the latest and greatest products to design with.  If you visit me at my blog you will see links in my sidebar to all these awesome organisations!
I hope you play along, wherever you are in the world!! 
Thank you SO much to Scrap Africa for having me on board this month!"


"I loved working with Evgenia’s sketch and flipped it over, added a couple of portrait-orientation photos
in place of the 3 landscape ones & used some gorgeous American Crafts “Campy Trails” papers
to create this layout about my 2 oldest kids.  I also used some Studio Calico mists and a
Crafter’s Workshop Chicken Wire stencil.  Most importantly I have used a gorgeous chipboard fence
From FABSCRAPS, a South African based company, that is sponsoring Scrap Africa this month!
I love to add “artiness” to my pages by playing with paints, mists, masks and stencils & also strive
to include meaningful journaling to everything I do as well."
**********

Our next guest designer is extremely talented and creative Cheryl Boglioli



Cheryl Boglioli is a Florida native, wife, and mother of one teenage daughter.  She studied Graphic Design at the Florida School of Commercial Art in Tampa, Florida and earned a degree in Business Management.  Cheryl is a paper crafter, mixed media artist, and educator and even dabbles in a little photography..  She loves to stay on the cutting edge of new products, techniques, and technology as it pertains to the crafting industry.  Cheryl has spent the last few years creating an artistic resume.  Several of her designs have been published and she has gathered quite a following.  She achieved CHA Designer Member status in 2011.  Cheryl is a certified Tattered Angels Educator and currently on the Helmar USA Design Team.  Cheryl is available to travel and teach at your local scrapbook store or event.  

Cheryl flipped the sketch and turned it into a mixed media canvas rather than a photo layout. 
 She used FabScraps papers Heritage Scrips & Burlesque News as well as metal embellishments.  The metal on the bottom of the birdcage and a metal square cut in half for the bottom corners of the canvas are also from Fabscraps.
If you would like to find more details on this project then please visit Cheryl's blog - Cheryl's Window
***********

And here are the layouts from our "in house" team.

**********


Svetlana flipped the sketch and made a double page spread. She used Fishing Tails paper and chip-board seagulls from Fabscraps in her layouts.
**********

Cathy


Cathy turned the sketch on its side and used one photo instead of three.
**********


Jeaunes used the Sugar and Spice range from Fabscraps.
**********



Jowilna used her favourite Fabscraps product - card stock, for matting her photos onto it. She says: "I love the colours and thickness of their card stock and use it often. I also love their chipboard letters which I used here."
**********

Lynette says: "I love the background paper that I used for this layout.  It is called Shabby Chic Stitched...I teamed it with the red and cream dotted classic Black Birds paper.  The photo's are of my grandson and son on the tractor at their small holding.  He insists on helping daddy and as you can see it is hard work for such a small little boy;-)"
**********

Now it is your turn. You have until 8 March to make your layouts and stand a chance of winning wonderful prizes from Fabscraps
There are two prizes for grabs to the value of R250 ($35) each. 
The random will choose two winners among the participants on 23 March after the closing date for our second challenge.
The prize will be posted anywhere in the world.



***********

You still have 1 week to enter your African projects for our first challenge. Don't miss it!


*********

If you are on Facebook then come and join Scrap Africa 
**********

Thank you for joining us today! Have a wonderful creative day!

5 comments:

  1. Loved the challenge and your designers rocked it with their interpretations. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch and so many lovely layouts.
    Hello to my Friend Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sketch and beautiful ladies! Evgenia's layout is very russian )) I like it! Cathy's layout is fantastic for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects..I also love Cathys layout with all the beautiful details.. but really all are lovely and beautiful sentiments too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for having me as Guest Designer this month! What a sweet sentiment on the off-the-page project!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...