Wednesday 1 July 2015

Sketch Challenge no.54

Hello Everyone

I really don't know where the time is going to, but 01 July is here and that means we start the month off with another sketch challenge.


You can create a card, tag, layout, an altered project, journal pages or even a digital project! You can create whatever you like! ;-)

Guest Designer Badge

We have an amazing and super, talented and inspirational lady as our Special Guest Designer for this challenge and she is the lovely Cathy Cafun.


Here's a little bit about Cathy!

Hi everyone!! Cathy here, I live in Brisbane Australia with my husband and 2 teenage children, who are the inspiration for most of my scrapbooking creations.
I was very excited to be invited by the lovely Denise to be this month’s Guest
Designer for the Sketch Challenge at Scrap Africa, and had so much fun creating this LO.
Scrapbooking and papercraft have been part of my daily life for over 10 years now. If I had to describe my style I would say it is predominantly shabby chic/romantic, but I am very partial to the grungy distressed look when creating masculine LO’s. My pages, cards and BTP projects always have elements of texture and dimension and I find layering, distressing and any form of mixed media a wonderful way to achieve this.
I am currently designing for Kaisercraft and am thrilled to have been asked to stay on for another year with this fabulous company.
If you’d like to pop in and say "hello" my blog is http://cathycafun.blogspot.com.au/

Cathy created this amazing and stunning page.


Here's some close-ups of this beaut.









The layers, the textures and the background are just fabulous! ;-) The blooms are so amazing too....so absolutely pretty!



Thanks sooo much Cathy for creating this wonderful page and giving us lots of seeds of inspiration! 

To see more of Cathy's inspiration and eye-candy please pop over to her blog! I am sure she would love for you to say Hi! 

We have some more Guest Designer inspiration, from a previous TOP HAT..Vicky Trabas.


Here's what Vicky had to say.

Hello, my name is Vicky and I live in Madrid. In late 2012 I discovered the Art Journal. Since then, I am a lover of inks, stamps, stencils and any material that can be used in my projects. During this time I have tried different styles and I can not say which one I like more. However during the past few months I have become a fan of transfers and collage and I like to use these techniques in my Art Journal pages.
It is an honor for me to be invited to participate in this blog, which I believe is full of great artists.

If you would like to know more about me, you can have a look at my Facebook public profile and YouTube tutorials under Vicky Trabas.
I hope you will enjoy my work!

Vicky created this gorgeous and artsy page.


Vicky had this to say about her page.

It is difficult for me to work on a sketch because when I create an  Art Journal page , I have nothing planned and I let creativity slowly emerge.

I decided on a Pinterest picture that I thought it reflects what Art Journal means for me: FUN.

I added some texture with 3D Gel Gloss Finnabair and stencil. Then I used Lindy's Stamp Gang and Tim Holtz Distress inks.

I drew flowers with a black marker and put a stamp (also black).

The washi tapes were perfect for the Art Journal!.

Since the base paper was white, I embellished the edges with washi tapes to create a visual triangle.

I hope you will like the end result.

Kisses

VICKY

Here is a closer look.




It's artsy, it's gutsy and definitely loaded with FUN, gorgeousness and wonder!
Fabulous page! ;-)

Thanks so much Vicky for sharing your creativity and talent with us! ;-)

Thanks again to Cathy and Vicky for providing us with loads of inspiration! ;-)



To really add to the inspiration we have the DT, to show you their takes on the sketch.

Ada











Ela
































Thanks so much to the Design Team for their amazing and beautiful work! ;-)

As always, we also have a giveaway prize, up for grabs.

A surprise pack from



I can assure you that it will be BoBunny Yumminess!!!


So now it's your turn to show us what you can do with the sketch.
You have until 14 July to upload your projects.



7 comments:

  1. Wow all so beautiful !
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reveal, ladies, and our guest designers have done a spectacular job! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reveal, ladies, and our guest designers have done a spectacular job! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Потрясающие работы дизайнеров!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All such stunning creations... gorgeous reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mi enhorabuena a todas por sus grandes proyectos y a las chicas invitadas...Magníficas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorei o sketch e me encantei com todos os projetos!!!
    Obrigada por me inspirarem a participar mais uma vez.
    Abraços,
    Marlei
    Brasil

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...