Wednesday 15 June 2016

Special Guest Designer - Virag Reti / New Design Team Members - Mary Catt & Kerstin Filou

Hello Everyone

We have a Special Guest Designer today, Virag Reti...a really warm welcome Virag! ;-)

Virag was a previous TOP 3 and is with us today, to share her take on the current mood board.


Firstly, here's a little about Virag.


My name is Virág Réti and I live in Budapest, Hungary. Virág means flower in Hungarian. I work as a marketing manager on weekdays, but my passion is scrapbooking. This is not just a craft activity for me, it is my real holiday and time for relaxation. My scraproom is a calm island in this busy world. I started scrapbooking 5 years ago, but last year when I met with mixed media scrapbooking techniques in an American YouTube video I felt that I found my line, the technique what I was looking for. My style is a little vintage and grunge, sometimes romantic and shabby, but I cannot define exactly. I am able to reform day by day. My favourite products are chipboards, flakes, beautiful papers, paints, mists, nowdays flowers, tags. I am able to prepare layouts in different styles, it depends on my mood, the embellishments and the papers I use. I am a coffee lover. I love singing loudly, but my voice is horrible. And I know, I am a bit crazy, because normal is boring for me. :)

Here's the gorgeous canvas that Virag created.


I used rose patterned stencil on the background and than I colored the flowers with pink pastel mist. Green and yellow colours are made with rainbow powder. For the second step I stamped grunge patterns with grey ink and I used triangle stencil with white modelling paste to brighten the background a little. My photo was taken in Alsace, France last summer in a charming little village. 
And I put a word sticker onto the photo: Take time to smell the roses. 

Virag created a gorgeous and beautiful canvas.  The stencilled roses and soft colouring, along with the beautiful photo and sentiment are just perfect for the mood board.

Thanks so much Virag for creating this stunning piece.  Please pop along to Virag's blog and you will find amazing inspiration and creativity! ;-)

Today we also welcome to 2 Design Team Members to the team...

Mary Catt has been with us for a little while now, but I had not formally introduced her.
So welcome Mary and we are delighted to have you on the team.


Hello! I'm Mary and I live in Greece. I'm married to a wonderfully supportive husband and we have three children. I met scrapbooking two years ago and I can honestly say it was love at first sight. I love mixed media style but I also like to experiment with other styles too. The only thing I can tell for sure is that I can't create without flowers and embellishments. I use them, in all my projects, a lot. I find lots of my inspiration in everyday life and when I scrap I feel so happy that I totally forget everything around me. 
I'm very happy to be here as a Team Member and I want to thank Scrap Africa for that honor!

Here is a gorgeous page of Mary's, just as a little "taster" of her work and we hope you will pop along to her blog to see more of her beautiful work! ;-)


Secondly, a warm welcome to the team too, is Kerstin Filou! ;-)



My name is Kerstin-Inga Peters, aka Kerstin F. and I come from Germany.
I have been creating for many years now, always in search of new techniques and yet unexplored territory in craft  land. I'm a modern girl with a big vintage heart and love the things that are old and nobody wants anymore, because they have a history.
My big passion are colours and textures. With Scrapbooking, Mixed Media Style and Art Journaling I have found 'my' perfect favourite genres - as it combines words and pictures, thoughts and feelings, and the application of various innovative techniques and the idea of telling stories.
I love to work with stencils and chipboards on Layouts or other mixed media projects, because this a perfect addition and there are so many opportunities to create.
I'm a DT in Scrap FX, SanDee & Amelies Steampunk Challenge and a
member of DecoArt Outreach Blogger program
I have a gallery on scrapbook. com, Pinterest and Facebook.


Here is a stunning page of Kerstin's and hope you will also pop over to her blog, to see more of her creativity and inspiration! ;-)


Welcome Kerstin and we really look forward to seeing all that you create! ;-)

Lastly, don't forget about our gorgeous mood board.
You have until 30 June to upload your projects!

xx


5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, I looking forward to create here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome girls !!! and thanks for the Virag visit !!
    It is an honor to see these fabulous work !!
    Congratulations to all !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome ladies!!!! Marvelous proyects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your warm welcome and thank you, Denise, so much for your geust in me!!! I'm so happy to be in your team!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...